Feature request: Note-level version control

In the following thread automatic backups was discussed:

As mentioned in the thread the ulysses app has a good backup sheme and a good ui from where you can restore single notes or the whole backup.

When it comes to version control i wouldn’t confuse it with backups. A version control has a different approach. While backups are made automatically and in a speciifed time rhythm for the purpose of saving and restoring notes in case of a loss, the version control should serve another purpose: you are manually saving diiferent but equivalent notes, means: versions are not made automatically for backups, but manually for working with different versions with the aim at some point to choose the best one or - why not - to keep several of them.

(I know that in semantical sense the terms backup and version control can be interchangeable. My point was to show that two different features are meant when speaking about versions. And what i’ve described above how i would like to have a version control seems a reasonable feature. However, an automatic backup like discussed in the linked thread is highly desired too)

1 Like