Keyboard shortcut to add Table row conflicts with Music

The keyboard shortcut to add a row to a table (Ctrl-Command-Return) launches an Apple Music panel instead. Is there a way to reset or reassign this?

It’s not possible to re-assign the shortcut in Bear but you can check if you have the Music shortcut assigned in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services.

I would be happy to switch off the shortcut for Apple Music. However I can’t find any Music shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services.

This renders any intensive use of Bear tables impractical as adding a row is about the most common thing you do when constructing a table.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a work round?

I think the Ctrl-Command-Return is a shortcut somehow assigned by you to the Music app because I can’t find a track of it on any Apple page. Just in case this is somehow a localized shortcut, what keyboard layout are you using?

SOLVED! I discovered that it’s an Alfred shortcut. I disabled it in Alfred and now “add row” is working.

But have you also just changed the Add Row keyboard shortcut to Cmd-A?

Hi Danilo,

I have now reported this issue as “solved” in the forum. The culprit was the Alfred app.

Thanks for your responses.

Best regards, Lawrence

1 Like