Revisit Editor and UI Customization

First of all, I live the app and appreciate the teams commitment to it over the years.

Though Bear does offer typography and theme customization, I’d love to see a renewed focus on user’s editor and UI preferences.

  1. UI typeface: I think it is awesome that Bear created its own typeface, but it’s not my personal favorite. I wish I could change the UI’s typeface as well as the editors’.
  2. Improve Alternative Typeface Handling: in my experience, most alternative fonts don’t render all that well in the editor. They may not be centered within tags, or lack adequate letter spacing. I’d rather have a restricted list of supported typefaces rather than have many custom typefaces render poorly. This is especially present on mobile.
  3. Custom Theme’s: I’d love to be able to pick my own theme colors.
  4. Paragraph Spacing vs. Bullet Spacing: in my opinion, paragraph and bullet spacing are distinct. Bullets after a sentence are often situated closer to the preceding sentence then a full paragraph break.
  5. Header sizing: in my opinion, the differences between each header size is too dramatic. I’d prefer different “scales” to pick from.

I appreciate the consideration :folded_hands: