Apple Pencil in Beta 2 for iPadOS?

Unclear if this is a bug, but am I supposed to be able to draw or sketch in Bear 2 on iPadOS at this point? I don’t see an option to do so. Nor the same custom keyboard that’s in iOS BEAR. 2.Thanks!

It is this one:

Hi, I am also experiencing the same as @AnthonyBaker, I don’t seem to have access to the selection that appears on the iPhone (screenshot provided above by @Eleanor).

Testing version : Bear 2.0 test flight (10699), iPad mini (6th generation) 11", iPadOS 16.3.1

Ok, I just found by accident how to access the sketch function, but hopefully it’s not the only/correct way of doing it, as it’s a bit tricky.
I order to get access to the BIU button that gives access to Sketch, highlight, etc… sections I had to change the keyboard to “Floating” and then I saw the BIU button in the lower right corner

Maybe sharing screenshots of the BIU keyboard would be helpful to the devs.

You are entirely right @Eleanor. Yesterday I couldn’t find a way to upload pictures from my browser (just did it now from the phone.
The

The first picture above shows the button that provides access to the special functions. Below you can see the normal Keyboard where the button is nowhere to be seen.

2 Likes

For those looking for a solution for this — it is as follows:

1. On iPad OS General > Keyboards
  2. Click the toggle for “Shortcuts” which will enable the formatting menu Bear uses

That formatting menu includes options for sketching.

2 Likes