Feature Request: Export PDF while Retaining Typography Settings

It’s extremely frustrating when we export a document to PDF and it completely loses the typography formatting we set up in the application. Is there any way to export with all the settings preserved?

7 Likes

Second this!

I love the Medium font for BearSansUI — and it’s frustrating to have exports with the default one :frowning:

2 Likes

My biggest issue is the paragraph spacing! When I write a very long text, it looks visually awful when exported to PDF or any other format…

Love Bear, but absolutely agree. Better PDF export would be awesome.

1 Like

This connects to another problem with the Paragraph Spacing setting, too. Some people type one Enter with Paragraph Spacing enabled, most type two Enters with it disabled. But these are the same logical thing, a single paragraph break. The devs never so much as acknowledge the discussion on that from my experience.

2 Likes

I agree it would be great to have much more control over pdf exports or at least have them reflect your theme/typography choices in someway. I posted a similar thread a while ago (see Feature Request: PDF export font size). Developer response was that they’d eventually like to add the ability to export to preset templates similar to Ulysses.

1 Like