French medias start speaking of Bear 2

Hello,

I am still waiting for the macOS 10.15 compatibility to install it on my devices, so I don’t know how does it look like.
However, French medias start speaking of Bear 2 with good comments.
Good job Bear Team!

English Translation (Google):

Cascading new features for Bear, which is moving to version 2.0

Felix Cattafesta | 07/11/2023 at 10:00 PM

The Bear note editor has just been entitled to a major update and is now in version 2.0. The change log includes around twenty new features, including an overview of links and PDFs, footnotes, tables and the possibility of adding several styles to a text. This is a complete overhaul of the app, which the team has been working on for years.

The app now supports GIFs and better handles markdown. Search has been optimized, with the ability to search for text within an image or PDF. New fonts as well as several themes are on the agenda, and the app for Apple Watch has been given a little freshening up.

Bear has received major improvements under the hood, with the developers touting an app five times faster when opening big notes. Much of Bear’s core is now cross-platform, which means that several parts of the code now work on Mac, iPad and iPhone: this should make it easier to add future features.

The iOS version now supports PencilKit for better integration with the Apple Pencil. You can also use Bear to scan documents and convert images to PDF. New widgets for the lock screen are also appearing. The overall organization and the search for notes should be facilitated on this new version.

Bear is available on the App Store and Mac App Store. An optional subscription unlocking some premium features (themes, iCloud synchronization) is offered for €3 per month or €35 per year.

1 Like