Resolving conflict doesn't work

Testing version: Version 2.0 (11586)

What were you doing: Resolving conflict.

What feature did you use: File(s) marked in conflict (branch)

What happened: One file had been marked in conflict, thus had two files with the “branch”-icon. I deleted the one I didn’t want to keep. However, following this Bear showed me the other one. Luckily there were both still there (none had been deleted).

I’m unsure at this point, but maybe the note header on both got switched around following the above steps.

What did you expect to happen: That the file I delete during conflict gets deleted and conflict resolved. That Bear shows me the remaining file. (And, if the case, that no text gets switched around).

Hello and thanks for reporting this. I’m trying to understand what’s happening here but I’m a little confused about the dynamics.

Can you please explain what you mean by “Bear showed me the other one”?
I’m ok with the other one remaining on the list when the undesired is deleted but I don’t think this is what you mean.

Hey, thanks for getting back.

First I must note, that I’ve been trying to reproduce the result, but been unable to with the forced conflicts I’ve attempted.

The situation I was experiencing, unless I human-erred somewhere was,

Note “A” was in conflict. So I now had A1 and A2 (marked with the conflict/branch). I wanted to keep A2, so I deleted A1. The conflict disappeared (solved). However… Bear showed me A1. Might have done a “undo” to try and get the other one back.

Any change in the notes you had images/attachments?

No. Both where intact.

I am experiencing something similar. I deleted 1 of 2 conflicted notes, but it still showed up top with the conflict on mobile (not on desktop). I restored the deleted file and tried several other things on desktop and mobile and now those 2 are in sync but there’s still only 1 file (the other is in the trash) but it has the conflict symbol and is at the top of the note list and I’m not sure how to resolve it.