One thing I’m really enjoying about Lettera: I can keep a Markdown file open, have an AI agent edit it, and watch the text update live without reloading or closing the file.
That turns out to be very useful for the way I’m experimenting with Open Knowledge Format (OKF).
OKF is an open format from Google Cloud for representing knowledge as Markdown files with YAML frontmatter. It is designed to be human-readable, agent-readable, and portable across tools. Although it is presented mostly around data/catalog use cases, I’ve been trying it as a lightweight structure for durable AI context: preferences, workflows, decisions, references, and other knowledge that should persist outside any single chat session or platform.
Lettera feels like a natural fit for this. You can open the whole folder, browse the internal structure, pull up individual notes, and still keep everything transparent and editable. The frontmatter adds just enough structure for future tools or agents, while the body stays normal Markdown.
I’m trying a few AI tools, so moving context between agents has been clunky. So far, OKF plus Lettera feels like a simple, low-friction way to keep that context in files I control and stay tool agnostic. I don’t have any real allegiance to any tool at this point and want to avoid being context trapped if something better comes around (which happens about every 30 days at this point).
And the live updating is the part that surprised me most. Having the file open in Lettera does not block the agent from editing it, and I can see the changes appear as they happen.
Links: