Blocks, Paragraph re-order?

Hi, one of my recurrent frustrations with Bear is that I can’t drag and drop blocks or paragraphs to reorder. This has become standard functionality in so many other apps I use regularly that I forget I can’t do it in Bear. The only option is to cut and paste things around.
Basically, there is a little “dots” handle on the left side of each paragraph in most note-taking apps today, and you can drag the order of headings, bullet lists, text paragraphs, etc.
I’d love to see this as a basic feature for editing in Bear.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Another option is to select the block/paragraph, to click on it and while holding the click to drag the selection

2 Likes

It just needs to be more consistent - dragging a bullet point on desktop works great, but doesn’t on mobile. And no reason why the bullet point behavior couldn’t be for any block of text (like op’s ask). Craft and NotePlan are good examples

2 Likes

Well, there’s also ⌘⌥ up/down. On mobile, there are buttons in the formatting panel.

1 Like

You cannot compare bear to craft as latter one is a block based editor which bear is not. Even in obsidian out of the box it is not possible to drag blocks around without the selection of text

2 Likes

The ability to intuitively drag and drop on mobile is what I’m referring to… similar to the other text editors (non block based) like NotePlan, Noto, etc. basically explaining the current behavior in Bear when dragging a bullet point on Desktop.

1 Like