Completed ToDo archiving / sorting

This is related to Checkboxes behavior.

Are there any plans to enable a behavior where completed ToDos can be either archived or sorted to the bottom of the current list by pressing a shortcut key? I don’t always complete the items in my ToDo lists in order from top to bottom, and completed ToDos (whether struck through (much preferred) or faded or both (see issue 54 referenced above) really clutter up the list of remaining ToDos – not to mention cluttering up my brain as well.

Please add this if it is not already in the works. This is a big deal to some users.

Thank you - loving the new editor so far.

Hello!

The last beta introduced Todo sorting -> Panda release notes 1.0(469)

enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for ToDo sorting. What makes it particularly useful is getting completed items out of the way – temporarily at first, so the user can see what they’ve checked off, then more permanently (i.e. by archiving or deleting) for long-term todo lists. To make the sorting feature even better than it is, please consider adding one or more of the following modifications:

• Instead of moving completed todos to the nearest downstream whitespace (which can still be above other content in the list), move it ALL the way to the bottom of the current list/window. It could even be moved into a reserved space at the bottom called “Archived.” Other Todo list products have this feature and it is really useful.
  • Auto-archiving: After a predetermined, user-selectable period of time, completed todos that are still visible (though crossed out) at the bottom of the page could be moved into an archive (or deleted if the user chooses). For example, after 1 hour, or 4 hours, or at the end of the day, completed todos would automatically be removed from view.

Thanks – I’m very much looking forward to the day when Panda development is sufficiently mature to incorporate into Bear – Panda is better at the editing experience, while Bear is preferred for its other functions. Can’t wait to have them together in one product.