Could Someone Give me Advice on Organizing Research and Notes Efficiently in Bear?

Hello there, :grinning:

I am new to Bear and excited :blush: about its potential; especially for organizing research and notes effectively. I am currently using it for my academic studies and personal projects; but I feel like I might not be utilizing its features to the fullest.

Specifically; I am interested in learning how others manage their research materials within Bear.

How do you approach tagging? Do you have a hierarchical system; or do you rely more on flat tagging? How granular do you get with your tags? :thinking:

Do you keep all your notes in a single workspace; or do you separate them into different notebooks? How do you decide what goes where?

When dealing with longer documents or research papers; do you keep them in Bear; or do you link to external files? How do you manage version control and updates? :thinking:

Are there any external tools or apps you use in conjunction with Bear to enhance your workflow? Any tips :yum: on seamless integration?

What are your tips for quickly finding specific information within Bear? Do you rely more on tags; search operators; or other techniques?

For notes and research that you might need to refer back to months or years later; how do you ensure they remain accessible and organized over time?

I am eager to hear about your experiences and any tips or best practices you have developed. Feel free to share screenshots of your setup if that helps illustrate your workflow.

Also, I have gone through this post: https://blog.bear.app/2022/10/bear-your-way-take-better-notes-for-the-student-in-all-of-us/uipath which definitely helped me out a lot.

Ultimately; I am aiming to optimize my use of Bear for research heavy tasks and would greatly appreciate any insights you can offer. :innocent:

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent:

1 Like

Take a look on this approach: Taking notes in Bear? Try this elegant key-value tagging system | by Gรกbor Pintรฉr | Medium.