Differing increments of numbered lists/sublists

Hi! I code a lot and I like to document many of the things I do with screenshots! I like to break things down into steps and substeps so that I can easily refer to my notes in the future. Currently, Panda only increments numbered lists in numbers and starts again at 1 when you create a sublist, which can be visually confusing when implementing larger screenshots creating large gaps between steps. It would be helpful to have it broken down differently, such as the way Word/Onenote handles their numbered lists.
Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 4.44.15 PM

2 Likes

This would be incredibly useful for me, I Bear for Class notes in college and this is definitely an issue I have ran into, in the same vein, bullet points for “-” and “*” being exactly the same can create confusion if importing into bear from somewhere else.

Also for anyone who deals with this issue a lot @lmf I would recommend using a combination of Headers, numbers, and bullet points. These combined with indents have helped me a lot.

1 Like

+1 from me on this. I think this would be extremely useful and either help differentiate Bear from other editors.

My only suggested would be to implement a “legal” numbering scheme instead of the more traditional outline format. In other words rather than combining numbers and letter as above, I would do:

1. Hi
    1.1. Hi
    1.2. Hi
  2. hello
    2.1. hello again
    2.1.1. and so on
    2.1.2. and so on

I think this might be easier to implement and is more easily understandable.

Hi there,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I’ll pass it onto the development team to Bear :wink: in mind when we are moving forward with design ideas.

If you’ve any other queries or questions in the meantime, let me know as i’d be happy to help!