Drag&Drop from Outlook doesn't work

Testing version: Version 2.0 (10084)

What were you doing: Tried drag specific message from outlook list and drop it to the Bear. Also I’ve tried to drag&drop attachment from my message (email) to Bear.

What feature did you use: drag&drop functionality

What happened: nothing. I don’t see inline animation that show me location where attachment will be add (it works good in Bear 1.9.6)

What did you expect to happen: It works in Bear Version 1.9.6 (9044). It creates *.eml file that contain body of message or add specific attachment that I want drag&drop.

Hello,

I have to check if it’s possible to do better work for Outlook.
Drag and drop of messages seems to produce an eml file in Bear 1.9.6 too. Maybe MS changed how Outlook dnd works recently?

• Drag and drop of messages seems to produce an eml file in Bear 1.9.6 too. Correct
  • Maybe MS changed how Outlook dnd works recently? I don’t know, but you can check Bear 1 and Bear 2 and they works in different way (in first version everything fine, in the second you can’t do that).

I upgraded Outlook to the latest version (in beta-channel): to 16.70 and switch toggle use Outlook as New Outlook. You can check this article and understand that in Mac Outlook has two versions:

• Classic Outlook
  • New Outlook
    and you can switch between into one app.

And it works! Bear 2 create .eml files as attachment but I can’t drag attachment from specify email and drop in Bear 2 (in Bear 1 I can do this, version of Outlook the same)

FWIW: The new Outlook on macOS (and I assume other platforms as well) is an Electron app and has, in my experience, subtle behavior differences than the old version.

I have yet to find an Electron app which works as good as the native, non-Electron counterpart. 1Password being the latest example. :frowning: