Is it possible to rename WikiLinks?

Website links can be renamed

Is it possible to rename wikilinks?

• This is helpful to me for in-line wikiLinks, or WikiLinks with really long names
  • e.g. something like [There is 100 inches of rain a year] vs currently doing something like There is 100 inches of rain a year. See [[WikiLink]] for more information.

Although I guess the new footnotes feature serves this purpose just as well or perhaps better.

1 Like

You can use aliases:

[[this is a long note title|short alias]]

:blush:

4 Likes

that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

3 Likes

This is good to know! But also I don’t like the syntax. Markdown links put the text I want first

[my text](url)

whereas this makes me type the title of the note I want to link to first, and only after put in the text I want

[[note title|my text]]

I find this disrupts the flow of my writing, and also feels inconsistent.

Just my 2¢.

It was very useful to learn this. I’d be grateful if you could point me towards where it is documented, as I’ve not been able to find anything referring to it and wonder what other useful features I might be missing…

A wiki link is not a markdown link. How bear handles the aliases for wiki links ist used among many other notes apps and therefore can be regarded as a standard that leads to interoperability.

1 Like

Just mentioning that it is used in Obsidian except they take it much further. This syntax is brilliant in my opinion.