Opening quotation mark does not invert as it should

Testing version: Version 1.0 (2595)

What were you doing: Typing out a written quote “such as this”

What feature did you use: Standard typing

What happened: I type the quotation mark (") at the beginning of a sentence, then close it out

What did you expect to happen: I expect the first quotation mark to turn upside down, so the sentence is bookmarked with quotation marks like this: https://www.thesaurus.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/20210301_doubleQuotes_1000x700.png

Instead, the quotation marks are both upright. See example: Untitled 2-01-01 at 08.41.29 · CleanShot Cloud

1 Like

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a post on here. I can see that this is your first time posting on the forum, so welcome to the community!

Regarding quotes, to amend this issue, go to Panda > Edit > Substitutions > and enable “Smart Quotes”

Hoping this helps!

Surfacing this again. The issue remains and isn’t a matter of smart quotes. The original post shows that the quotes do become “smart” in Bear, just not correctly.

Opening quotation marks face the wrong way. I can reproduce this by starting a note title with a quotation mark. When I continue to type the quotation mark turns into a closing, left-facing quotation mark instead of an opening, right-facing mark.