Search results preview shows markdown syntax

Testing version: 2.0 (11586)

What were you doing: Searching for some word, e.g. “test”

What happened: When the word appears inside formatting structures (highlight, code, bold etc), also the surrounding formatting (markdown) marks appear when showing/previewing search results (both with in-page search and note list search)

What did you expect to happen: Hiding syntactical markdown. I do not see the reason why this should be visible during just previewing search results (when I have disabled viewing markdown syntax in settings). I am not sure if it is a bug or a feature or a byproduct of highlighting the results, however if it is supposed to be a feature, I do not see much reason for it. I believe that syntactical (formatting) marks should appear only in the moment when I focus on the particular search result (e.g. using “Find Next” command), not when just previewing it.

Thank you!

The current behavior is by design. Markdown is part of the text and can be searched for, so we want to show it if it’s part of a highlighted result.

Showing them only on focus is not great as the text jumps a lot when changing results and it makes really hard to work with results.

Best.

ok, I see, thanks for clarification.