Syncing missing all tags and duplicates all notes

Hello,
A couple of days ago, I opened Bear on my Mac and it was entirely empty. There were some issues with iCloud syncing prior to that, which may have to do with this, but in any case, all my notes (almost 4k) had vanished.

All notes were still available on my iPhone, however, so I started synching on my Mac to get everything back from iCloud but ran into issues. I uninstalled Bear on the Mac and even deleted the iCloud storage data, and each time attempted to sync again, running into the same issues.

The issues are always the same: The notes start coming in, but 1) the tags do not materialize in the tag column (zero), 2) the notes count at the bottom of the ‘all notes’ view remains at zero throughout, and 3) at some point during the sync, suddenly duplicates of each note are created, and then after a while a third copy of each note appears, and then a fourth… On top of all that, every time I click on a different view in the tag column (e.g. ‘untagged’, ‘todo’, etc.) those views are empty, and when go back to the ‘all notes’ view, all synced (and dublicated) notes have disappeared again and the syncing starts from scratch.

I also made a backup of my notes on my iPhone, and have attempted to restore that backup on my Mac. This does appear to bring all notes back, but again none of the tags, and when I eventually switch on syncing again, the process of creating duplicates of all notes, then third, fourth etc, copies commences.

Another thing worth mentioning: The backup I took on the iPhone (.bear2bk) was 29MB in size - but when I (with sync deactivated) restored that Backup on my Mac after re-installing Bear, and created another backup based on this on my Mac, that file size was only 280KB.

I’m not sure where to go from here and would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

Please, write to our customer support (a copy and paste is fine). We need to ask for logs to solve this kind of issue and for users’ privacy is better to handle them privately.