What were you doing: linking to an external MD file
What feature did you use: wikilinks [[
What happened: the list that was presented was limited to 40 entries and not sorted
What did you expect to happen: that I would see all of my available MD files which are also embedded in folders and that the Folders and files I see in the sidebar are represented the same in the list or as a future feature, I get to select the sort-order
I also may need to be educated on how it works or is supposed to work. I have a high-level idea assuming it follows the same as in Bear.
Screenshots below.
thanks -tom
First part of the list and how it aligns with sidebar
I’m not exactly sure this is in line with the purpose of the autocomplete panel.
Sounds like you want to read each element of the list, searching for the file/header you are looking for, instead of writing the initial characters. Am I understanding correctly?
ok, this is really the first time I tried using Wikilinks with Lettera; so, I may need to understand what the “best practices” from a UX perspective. I guess seeing a complete list would be a nice-to-have but certainly don’t want to create a “non-standard” implementation.
The only way I begin to see the list of specific headers is when I use the # sign. If I start typing then I can access them all. Good.
Now, I keep having strange responses though. If I type [[#ruddy]] for instance and move off that line I still see the # sign. When I click on it, it just reverts back to itself.
If I type [[#ruddy|ruddy]] the # sign disappears and sometimes it works but most of the time it does not. Right now It simply reverts back onto itself and expands the entire MD syntax.
This one MD file has over 25k words and 1k paragraphs but even with a 3k word file it does the same thing now. I’ll explore a bit more and if it persists I’ll create a new bug report.