Bear 2 beta mini update (9933)

Since there is no auto pairing for the markup (bold, italic, …) that feature is just useful when changing already existing marked up text. trix80 gave some good arguments against auto pairing. Don’t you think an option at least for auto pairing these mark ups in the upcoming editor preferences would be a good idea? :wink:

By the way: i remarked that the writing of tags also was tweaked. Or do i just imaging that?

We’re trying to remove preferences instead of adding new ones :rofl:

I’m not sure what you’re referring to, we did a bit of tweaking on the autocomplete side, but that’s all :thinking:

Adding „/„ while writing to create a subtag doesn‘t cause to jump out of tag background just to back when continuing writing

Can you persuade trix80 of autopairing without option to remove it? :joy:

Confirm it works now, thanks!
I’d still like the autocomplete panel to be even wider – Zettels can have long titles, such as 202207101845 Les liens entre notes doivent être choisis et réfléchis pour aider la réflexion et la mémoire, which still does not fit even though my panel could be wider in my editor window. But it’s definitely a big improvement.

Isn’t using keyboard shortcuts like Cmd+B basically auto pairing though? I think I wouldn’t mind auto pairing (or would even like it) if it functioned the same as bracket autocompletion, i.e., only if I have a selection. But I would hate it if it triggered any time I wrote *.

I guess that’s a matter of personal preference :wink:

This is great—thanks very much.

1 Like