Changing setting for Default Folder not applied on app restart

This template is for bug report only:

  • Lettera Version: Lettera Version 1.0.0 (4458)

  • macOS Version: MacOS 26.7 on MacBook Pro M3 Pro

  • What were you doing: Changing default Folder

  • What feature did you use: Set new Default Folder in settings.

  • What happened: Settings are sometimes not applied on app restart

  • What did you expect to happen: New settings to be applied on app restart (regardless on how we exit Settings and Editor views)

Steps to Reproduce

  1. After changing Default Folder in settings:
  2. Exit Lettera with Quit (Cmd + Q) –> Previous Default folder still opens on app start.
  3. Close current doc with (Cmd + W) –> new settings will be used on App restart.

Looks like new setting for default folder is saved in .plist, but not always applied on app restart :thinking:

Thank you for the new update, looks like most of the feedbacks have been addressed :+1::folded_hands:

Lettera is just getting better and better – keep up the good work :blush:

Thanks for reporting this issue. We’ll investigate as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this @trix180 .

There are also some more confusing behaviour when it comes to closing app and reopening to last files and folders:

I guess there is supposed to be some intended persistence to reopen last used folder when restarting Lettera, and I would welcome that.

But what I observe now is a bit confusing: (I have set iCloud/Lettera/ as default folder)

  1. If i drag a folder from Finder into Lettera’s sidebar, it opens that folder in a new tab. If I quit app and restart, both tabs are persistent, which I think is a great feature. But if a file is also open in editor, then on app restart both that file and parent tab is closed, and the other inactive tab is still open. That seems to be reverse logic – I would expect both tabs and previous opne file to reopen on restart.
  2. If I open a folder from File Open … or Open Recent folder: Folder opens in new windows (not Tab), and on app restart it has the same issue as with mutiple tabs in point 1.
  3. Many other apps open to last open file when quitting app and restarting, but closes files on close file or tab with Cmd + W. I would hope Lettera could behave the same way, or get an option to toggle that behaviour (like in Drafts)
  4. Also wish for last used folder to reopen on app restart (with Cmd+Q), and only close with Cmd+W, even when another folder is set as Default Folder in settings.
  5. But when changing to a new Default Folder in settings, I expect Lettera to open to that one on first restart, otherwise, it might be confusing for some users, like me: see bug report above :wink:

I’m quite confident that you will take care of this in the most elegant way, for different users needs. But in current beta, I find it a bit confusing. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like