Crash at startup investigation

Hello @edob90 and welcome to the community! I’m sorry it has to be because of a bug, but I’m very grateful for your help!

We just submitted a new version to TestFlight (that will be the build 10946) and as soon as it will be online I would ask you to perform these steps:

• put your device in airplane mode
  • start Bear that should not crash
  • open the Settings inside the Sidebar in Bear
  • tap on Advanced
  • enable the switch on the right of Enable File Log (should be the first line)
  • close Bear
  • disable airplane mode from your device
  • start Bear and let it crash
  • start Bear again and let it crash again
  • put your device in airplane mode
  • start Bear that should not crash
  • open the Settings inside the Sidebar in Bear
  • tap on Advanced
  • tap on Share File Log
  • send the Log file to konstantin.erokhin@shinyfrog.net

I’m leaving these instructions here, so that anyone that has this issue can submit the logs to me, and I can have additional data.

Just a warning: the log will contain bits of your data, like all you tag names, and full note texts of the synced notes. Because the issue is related to the synchronisation, I’m expecting a maximum of 30 notes could be available with full text (if not encrypted) inside the log, in the worst case scenario.

Just wanted to warn you all about this. Of course I would use the information only for debug purposes (tags before / after the sync), and will delete the logs as soon as I have the needed information.

Thank you so much for helping us!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and instructions! I’ll do that as soon as I can install the new build.

Side note: my logs won’t contain any “personal content”, I think, because on iPad Bear never managed to actually start syncing. That said, it’s not a problem, and I hope it helps with this bug.