Feature Request:Different colors for highlighting and able to set color for table cells

First of all you folks nailed some of the most requested features such as hiding markdown, image resizing and tables. I’m totally loving this panda. That being said, was wondering are there any plans for highlighting text with different colors? and also any plans for filling table cells with background colors?

Keep up the good work :smile:

2 Likes

Hi there,

we’re trying to keep the underling format (Markdown) as standard as possible, so for now those requests can’t be really fulfilled.

Sorry :slight_smile:

Hi,

I found this feature request, when I was about to post something similar. Being able to change the background on a cell would be a game changer; especially for people with ADHD, etc.

It seems that it would be very easy to have an option to remove any meta information when exporting the markdown, if you are simply trying to keep the markdown as standard as possible.

Another option might be to have the colors be a part of a single select menu. So, when the table is exported, the cells contain the data [status: in progress] (for example) or whatever options the user has set.

Being able to change cell color is a big deal for a lot of people, and would completely change the usability of the app.

At this time, is Bear open to reconsidering it?