Feature request - display contents of multi-note selections in editor

When I select multiple notes in Bear (desktop - mac), the editor section doesn’t currently show anything other than “n selected notes”. To me, this feels like wasted space.

I’d love to be able to see the contents of all selected notes in that section simultaneously (maybe separated by a one line separator or some other indicator). Ideally would be able to edit too, but not key. Alternatively, would like to see contents of all notes when I click on a tag (and all associated notes show in the notes column.

This is akin to temporarily “compiling” the notes while glancing over their contents.

3 Likes

Definetely i would like to see that feature. My vote for that!

1 Like

Yes, this would be great!

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a post with some feedback for us here.

I can see that this is your first time posting on the forum, so welcome to the community!

Regarding the above, it is not something that we have planned when moving forward.

But, I can pass on this feedback to the designer when the designer starts with us in a couple of weeks to see what they think.

The closest thing to this at the moment (working on multiple notes), is to open another note in a new window and pin it.

A demo of this can be seen here: https://twitter.com/BearNotesApp/status/1445434456186277892

Tips for working with multiple notes on iPad can be seen here: How to work better with Bear on an iPad and here: How to edit multiple Bear notes at the same time on an iPad

Hoping this helps in the meantime!

Hi!

The devs have to consider that this feature is especially meaningful in a special scenario of long-form-writing: let’s say you are organising different chapters of a text in tags and subtags, then you could display coherent passages of a text together in one piece.

Regards

Thank you for the additional information and use case example, i’ll pass it onto the team to consider :slight_smile: