How would you use Panda?

I use bear, zotero and apple notes. The latter one for quick notes which at some time will be deleted anyway and for shopping lists which I am able to share. Bear is my mean for note taking and mainly for writing. Zotero handles my notes related to resources like books, articles and so on.

I would use panda as a library for texts (self written or clipped articles from internet). And would replace my writing here while keeping bear for note taking. In terms of pkm I seem to be a librarian rather than a gardener or architect. While I love the pure nested tags in bear, for the task of creating a library I would like the combination of folders and single tags (means: NO nested tags!).

I think while folders are generally overestimated single tags are underestimated. They are easy: you don’t have to think at all about nesting. For a recipe I just have to set f.e.: #fish #italian #paprika and so on. For a text about politics it is just enough to write: #scholz #bundesregierung #dieselsteuer #proteste #landwirtschaft.

It is not only easy to write. If you implement tag browsing like in zotero you have even an incredible powerful way to search quickly and efficient for notes. Zotero combines two principles to achieve that: 1. All the tags listed in form of a tag box are related to the chosen folder. If you select another folder you get another tag box. 2. A selection of a tag inside the tag box hides all those tag that doesn’t match anymore. That’s a kind of powerful browsing in all directions because there is hierarchy of tags and subtags.

If panda would implement that powerful browsing with single tags resp. folders with the same elegance like the nested tags in bear and if also wiki-/backlinks are included, I think many users could be gained. I definitely wouldn’t hesitate to subscribe to both or to pay a price like things or iaWriter

1 Like