[[Move To]] feature not implemented yet in Panda

Hi,

A quick search hasn’t brought anything up on this topic:

Just letting you know the ‘Move To’ file menu feature in Panda isn’t functional -
It just lists a dropdown with ‘Option 1’, ‘Option 2’, ‘Option 3’

Sure this is as the Beta is solely to test the editor functionality, not a full fledged program. So feel free to delete if unhelpful!

Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 16.31.33

Hello,

this is odd because that panel is managed by macOS for every document-based apps and apparently I can’t simulate the issue on Monterey. Can you tell me a little more about the macOS release you are running and if this issue always happens or just in some cases?

Thanks.

hi,

no problem - I forgot about this so can now give you a 4-days-later update…!

you’re right: it works fine if you create a new document, save it to Internal disk, then try to move it.

I can replicate the issue by saving a file to an external drive, and then ejecting that drive, and then trying to move it.

I encountered it as I needed to unplug the SSD where a file I was editing was saved. There’s no Save As option in File menu and I found move before duplicate. It also happens if rename the file with the disk ejected. In part it happened as Panda doesn’t put a lock on the file so you can easily eject a drive that’s in use.

Mac OS Monterey 12.3 (21E230)

Thanks for the follow up! We need to study what’s happening here but apparently the app is indeed not locking the file and the disc can be ejected without warnings. We’ll try our best to address this issue.

1 Like