Note title in header for Bear 2.0

I support your suggestion to use that space as place for the title. I hope you feel ok that i use your thread to express again my antipathy against the usage of a heading as title.

As i mentioned recently my biggest concern with bear is that it is not clear what a title is: is it the H1-header or is it the first line? According to the notes list it is the first line, in turn to the editor and its text formatting it is the H1-header. Generally, but not always that header starts in first line, depending on your settings in preferences how to start a note. Actually there is no clear seperation between heading and title (like in panda) what you can see in the screenshots i posted on reddit. A heading belongs to the body of the text which is called by the title.

So far i made several and very different suggestions:

• Here in the forum i suggested using pandoc title block
  • On reddit (see the link above) i suggested to display the very first line (which is treated by bear app itself as title!!) formatted proper as a title, means: bolded and with proper size. (That is my favourite request since pandoc title block is still not part of commonmarks specification)

Advantage of both suggestions: nobody who likes current behaviour would be forced to leave it. If someone would not use that feature bear would fall back to current behaviour

I would appreciate if @trix180 would give a comment to that so that i can get my peace of mind or to start learning to live with that :smiley:

1 Like