Table Sorting Suggestion

A simple sorting capability would make tables super useful. It isn’t often that I create a table just to visually lay data out without also wanting to manipulate it in some way. Columns could have an up/down arrow icon which toggles the sort direction. (Example- for columns with numbers, sort via number values. For any column with a string, sort alphabetically.)

6 Likes

I agree! Personally tables are only useful when sorting is enabled. Smallest to largest and alphabetically is more than enough. Just some sort function.

Loving the updates to editor!

1 Like

+1 that was literally the first thing I checked out after installing the app. How to create tables and how can I sort them.

1 Like

+1

Pretty much every time I have a table, at some point I want to be able to sort its contents by one column or another. I love what you guys are building with the new Table feature, but it will be of limited use for me without sorting.

Something that might provide a manual workaround would be to allow quick and easy drag-and-drop reordering of rows (and columns) but I guess that deserves a different feature request!

1 Like

I also want to be able to drag the column to adjust it.

1 Like

Thank you @idiux for the feedback and suggestion, i’ll pass it onto the team to consider.

Thank you also @liuzhihang for your drag the column suggestion. I’ll pass this on also.

2 Likes

RE: Table sorting

Thank you for Bear. The Panda table interface is very good and much appreciated. But I agree with the comments on the need to sort table columns. This is so important that it may be worthwhile to consider sacrificing other features to achieve sorting. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on the post.

I’ll pass it onto the development team to have a think about.

1 Like

Any update on the status of sorting tables?