🚀 The Bear 2 Beta is here!

Now that Bear defaults to Commonmark, is there any reason I should keep Markdown Compatibility Mode enabled in Bear 2?

2 Likes

The notes from the Bear 2.0 private beta does not migrate to the Testflight beta. You have to back up from the alpha then load that back up. Mostly it is saved on Desktop or Downloads. Since you can use both apps try doing the back up again :thinking:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

It’s syncing fine for me for both iOS and macOS version.

1 Like

My Bear Pro annual subscription going to expire in May, and I was hesitating whether I should continue with the subscription, since the promised Bear 2.0 is still unknown when will it be released

After I downloaded Bear 2.0 beta and tried it, I think the wait is worth it! Good job to the team.

Last but not least, hope the team won’t increase the subscription price for those of us that faithfully supporting the team to build Bear 2.0 for the past few years.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with this all day, and I’m LOVING it. No major issues, but it seems to be adding dead space at the bottom of pages even though there are no lines or text. Other than that it’s been smooth sailing so far!

It’s hella fast too!

2 Likes

This seems to be the case for all of the workflows, Alfred and Raycast (I tried 2 Alfred ones and 1 Raycast one).

Thank you Bears! The update is great! Keep up your great work! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thank you and congratulations team! :raised_hands: :clap: :clap: :clap:

iOS 14 and macOS 10.15 but TestFlight on mac requires macOS 12.

Yes, the subscription costs for existing Bear Pro users will remain the same. We will increase the new subscriptions price but we think it’s correct long-time users keep the pricing they signed for.

18 Likes

You guys should definitely increase the price, it’s a total bargain right now! Excellent work.

5 Likes

:sob: :sob: tears of joy. Great job folks!!! Congrats on the launch

1 Like

Sync is super slow or not working.
Testing on MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad.
More than 5,000 notes.

1 Like

Charge what you need to in order to keep a healthy and stable product. Though I love the idea of being grandfathered into the current price I also would happily pay more if it meant Bear could be its best self.

3 Likes

The instructions at the top of this thread are clear, albeit a little bit terse. Here is how I imported my notes from the private beta. HTH.

1 Like

Unfortunately my old beta had expired. Once I closed it, I could no longer open it.

That’s okay though, because I had an old backup, and I hadn’t used the old beta that much.

Got Bear 2 Beta installed everywhere and notes syncing. Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

When Bear 2.0 hits full production, I take it notes will transfer seamlessly from the TestFlight beta to the final app?

Enjoying the beta immensely so far!

The only thing I miss in Bear in comparison with Obsidian is cmd+O, not just search, but “spotlight-like” quick switcher between notes, without revealing the left pane, is there any plans to add this? Seems like a small feature, but for me now is such a dealbraker, because every app without this feels so slow. But also huge like for previews for links, very usefull

4 Likes
1 Like

Yes, it’s something we want from a long time but we had to focus on the editor and other major features for Bear 2. Once B2 is released we’ll schedule which major features/app/web app ship next.

6 Likes