TOC generator using Tables feature?

First, thank you so much for the incredible work. Loving the tables feature. Curious if there is a way to automatically generate a table of contents from the H1/H2/H3 headings in the note into a table?

2 Likes

Hello! Not at the moment, but TOC is on our list and we have some nice ideas for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks again, for your team’s amazing work!

Just want to add a +1 to the request for a TOC; while creating it manually and linking headings isn’t too bad autogenerating it based off the heading level would be really great.

1 Like

Another +1 here for a TOC generator! I also want to thank you so much for your continued work. The new editor is looking great and I’m so excited to see it make its way into Bear.

Want to also put in my agreement for either a TOC generator, but what would be really cool would be a hovering sidebar like Google Docs has. Could you possibly reuse the Tag Tree to render the Headings tree?

Agree with the preivous comments. I would also like to have some auto-numbering (1. 1.1, 1.1.1, or other formats) because the difference between # and ## headings is not always super clear.

Having a Table of contents as a mini map, like Xcode’s code editor would be great!