Why is "Move Done to Bottom" available on Mac but not iOS?

Hey! Huge fan of Bear 2! I abandoned Apple Notes in 2020 and never looked back. Except for one thing: check-lists. Especially packing lists and shopping lists. Notes’s option to “move completed to bottom” makes checklists so much easier to work through. I can quickly isolate just what still needs to be packed, bought, etc.

I love that Bear for Mac now has “move done to bottom” for lists of tasks. I’m OK with it being manual and not automatic like Apple Notes.

But — unless I’m missing something — why isn’t “move done to bottom” available on Bear for iOS? It’s especially disappointing because working through a packing or shopping list is something I usually do on my iPhone.

Is this something the team plans to add to mobile? Or is it an intentional omission? I hope it isn’t but if it is, can you explain why? Thanks!

P.S. I did read how the move to Commonmark precluded the return of auto-hiding completed tasks. Does that have anything to do with this? I’m not tech savvy but it seems like it wouldn’t because Bear uses Commonmark on Mac and iOS, right?

Hey! Thank you for the feedback. We are aware that the feature move completed todos to bottom is not currently available on iOS but unfortunately we couldn’t find a good way to fit it in on iOS. Would you like to share a bit more about where you’d like to see the feature? In the preference setting? Or somewhere even handier? We’d like to hear your ideas!

I think it would be handy if there is a pop-up when I long press the check box.
Even better if I can move them around with long-press then drag and drop.

As long as „Move Done to Bottom“ is not a setting but a single command it makes sense to put in the three-dot-menu of a note.

Should it however become someday an option to automatically move done tasks the preferences would be the right place

1 Like

Thanks for replying. I think I agree with what “krssno” wrote below. With one additional thought.

If you’re talking about a manual single command — like what exists in Bear’s Mac app — then the three-dot menu in the top right makes most sense to me. It’s possible you could also have it as an option when long-pressing/right-clicking on anything inside a task list but that feels less precise, more chance for error and slower.

On the other hand, if you’re talking about an option to automatically move done tasks to the bottom of any consecutive list of tasks in all notes all the time, then I could see preferences menu being useful.

If I were king for a day, I’d still actually want an automatic “move completed to bottom” option within the three-dot-menu because that would allow me to turn it on for some notes when useful (grocery lists, packing lists, etc.) and not in others. Hope that all helps!