Search Note Shortcut Issues Across iOS/iPad/macOS

Hello,

I’ve encountered issues with Shortcuts on both iOS and macOS. Please assist with the following:

• macOS 14.4.1 with Bear Version 2.1.6 (12537)
  • iPadOS 17.3.1 with Bear Version 2.1.6
  • iOS 17.4.1 with Bear Version 2.1.8

Issues:

1. When using the “Search Note” shortcut on iOS/iPadOS/macOS to find specific notes, the search results are significantly limited. Many matching notes do not appear in the search results. If the search criteria include “@title”, the situation worsens, with some keywords not being found at all.
  2. Searching directly within the Bear interface works normally, with quick and comprehensive results.
  3. Following advice from previous articles, I performed a backup and restore on my Mac, and waited for iCloud to fully sync, but the issue persists.
  4. I also attempted to upgrade iOS to the latest developer beta (17.5 - 21F5048f), but this did not improve the situation.

Referring to the “Actions” app version history, there was mention of a bug in iOS 17.4 as follows:

“Note: The Shortcuts app on iOS 17.4 has a bug where it cannot correctly match variables to input. If you experience this, try lowercasing the variable content. For example, for the ‘Create Menu Item’ action, use ‘pink’ as the variable value for the color instead of ‘Pink’.”

I’m not sure if this is related, but regardless, I’m still facing the same issue on iPadOS 17.3.1 and macOS 14.4.1 without a solution.

Bear is an essential app in my life, and I use the Shortcut - Search Note feature to capture and record important information. I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you for developing such a great app, and I look forward to your suggestions. :handshake: