Folding, IMPROVED

I agree with @bolive that the “three dots” denote a header is “folded,” seems redundant …

I would disagree!

I really prefer the three dots on the right side to be there:

• It gives a clear indication that something is to be continued (is folded) …
  • and when side actions are toggled off, that’s the only indicator of sections being folded.
  • Also on Mac it’s needed since side actions are only visible on mouse over.

I love the way it’s done now in this iOS/iPad beta 2.2.0 – kudos to the devs for this solution :rose: It really made my day (it’s my birthday today, actually) :birthday:

Please keep it as it this way –
it’s perfect, in my opinion …

4 Likes

I agree with this comment

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! :slight_smile:
You make a good point regarding the Mac.
In iOS & iPadOS, I would say that IF the side actions are on - its not needed, and IF the side actions are off - it is needed. This should satisfy both needs and reduce the amount of on-screen control clutter. Just my two cents.

1 Like

@danmills7 I was just about to add that very comment :grinning:

1 Like

This is going to be huge for my organization; hope it ships soon.

One question: Will collapsed / uncollapsed sections persist when leaving the note? I would expect them to and hope they do.

The three dots are an easier target for unfolding, not just as a visual cue - esp. on iOS. Great for older eyes and clumsier fingers :sweat_smile:

Loving the new folding on all devices. Much easier for outlining. Thank you Team Bear!

2 Likes

I was wondering if there could be a shortcut key to fold or unfold all headings in a note. This would be useful for when I just want to hide all other distractions on the note I’m working on. Thanks!

On Macs you can associate one custom shortcut to Fold All Headers.

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 18.47.19

That worked great! Thanks!