Folding works only once

Testing version: Version 1.0 (469)

What were you doing: Testing header and list folding

What feature did you use: Header and list folding

What happened:

I created a short document with some headers and a list. I enabled folding. This correctly folded headers and lists for which I enabled folding. After I unfolded said items I was not able to fold the again by clicking on the header/list indicators.

What did you expect to happen:

I expected that once I enabled folding for a given item that this functionality would persist and I would be able to click the item indicator to re-fold the item. This is what is shown in the video you have included in the release notes for this feature.

My comments:

I think that folding should be implemented in such a way that one can toggle it with a keyboard shortcut or with mouse clicks. That is I should be able to (un)fold any parent of a foldable hierarchy with the mouse/touch by clicking/touching the item indicator.

Hello there,

folding doesn’t work with a single click on the header/list’s icons, you need to ⌘-click to toggle the folding. There is also an hotkey for that: ⌘'.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for folding. It makes Bear much more capable of maintaining long documents. I use tags to simulate nested folders down to the level of lessons, such as:

#Courses/Science/Physics/lesson_3

A lesson might have a dozen topics, each separated by a header. Now, with folding, I can focus on the topic worked on while keeping all topics under a lesson in the same noted for ease of editing.

1. Command Apostrophe works after first mousing into the header. It would be easier to hold a key combination, such as Command F, and just click on the header to make it fold.

2. Any way to fold all / unfold all?