Note Rendering Issue

• Bear Version: 2.2.0 (12697)
  • OS Version: Sonoma 14.5
  • What were you doing: Switching notes
  • What feature did you use: General note navigation
  • What happened: When switching between notes, sometimes a large area of whitespace appears before the note’s header.

Sometimes, some of the note’s content is displayed above the header as well.

Scrolling inside of the note’s content causes the application to re-render the contents correctly.

• What did you expect to happen:
    The note should appear without the additional whitespace or duplicated content above the header.

I was able to capture a recording demonstrating the first issue.

I think this is dependent on the size (length) of the previous note (Bear Bug 2 in my video) that you click on. When the length of this note is longer than the height of Bear, I’m not able to reproduce the rendering issue on the last note (Bear Bug 1 in my video).

I know this existed before 2.2.0 and Sonoma 14.5, but I don’t what specific version it was introduced. I do know that I experience this several times a day though.

2 Likes

Can you please try version 2.2.1 and tell me if you still experience this issue?

Sure thing. I just updated to 2.2.1 and will report back tomorrow.

1 Like

The same thing happens to me on version 2.2.1 (Sonoma 14.5). Also, a note with a title, a blank line, and a tag sometimes has a duplicate line with the tag (see img below).

EDIT: All of this happens randomly, I think - switching from short to long notes or vice versa. Also, when this occurs, going back and forth in the history doesn’t help with the rendering issue - it requires some interaction with the badly rendered note (scrolling it is enough). However, when I move back in the history, the small note (which was rendered correctly before) is scrolled down (top part of it is hidden) even though it’s less than half the screen long. So it could be somehow related to the bug from another topic (Scrolling to the Bottom of Notes?).

EDIT2: New note created from tag list:
CleanShot 2024-06-17 at 20.57.12@2x

Another new note, another example:
CleanShot 2024-06-17 at 21.27.19@2x

Unfortunately I experienced the same issue after updating to 2.2.1.

I do see where navigating through note history can cause this issue with other notes as @pps mentioned.

This is happening in 2.2.2 version as well (OS version: Sonoma 14.5). I was able to replicate this multiple times by creating a new note within a specific Tag from the left side menu. It renders multiple tags one above the other or tags overlapping just like the screenshots shared by @pps above.